The Business Side of Sports: Lebron James & Draymond Green Hit the Barbershop



LeBron James, Draymond Green hit the barbershop in 'Uninterrupted' video

LeBron James and Draymond Green will be on opposite sides of the court for the NBA Finals. But during All-Star weekend back in February, the two superstars were just shooting the breeze while getting their hair cut at a New Orleans barbershop.
The conversation premiered Friday as "The Shop" on James' multimedia platform, Uninterrupted. During the 30-minute program, James and Green along with former NBA player Charles Oakley, rapper 2 Chainz and James' close friends Maverick Carter and Randy Mims candidly riff on sports, music and culture.
The most interesting parts of the spirited discussion offer an inside glimpse into the game. Early on, James and Green talk about what was going through their minds during the final minutes of Game 7 of last year's NBA Finals, and how they were each caught up in the moment. Later, they express how amazed they are by the number of NBA players, some even All-Stars, who they say don't know how to play basketball.
But as the Cavaliers face elimination and talk is bandied about by ESPN and The Ringer that James is not long for Cleveland, the most relevant thing in the video for fans is when James explains how he had to convince his wife and mother when he made the decision to leave Miami and come back.
"You know, mom, it ain't even really about [Dan Gilbert's letter]" James recalls saying. "It's more of a bigger picture. All these kids and all these people that need inspiration and need a way to get out. I believe I'm that way out," he says.
"So, as much as my mom, my wife and my kids mean everything to me, my mom was like, 'You go back, I'm not going with you.' She's like, 'I'm staying in Miami.'
"I was like, let's not worry about the small [stuff], let's worry about building something bigger than our name."
The Cavaliers and Warriors tip off at 9 p.m.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

#UrbanYoungProfessional - Street Smart * Book Smarts * Common Sense

Chamillionaire: How He Could Afford That ‘NBA Finals’ Courtside Seat And Much More!!!

Why I Became An Investor